header-photo

Who are you?

Who am i?
Most of us will have a rather defeated mindset of who we are. Maybe it is our oriental upbringing, we tend to think negatively or poorly of ourselves.

What would God's answer be if we ask Him how He thinks of us?
From my little OT knowledge, He never answer such question. In Exodus, when Moses asked Him, He only assured him that He would be with him.
In NT, God assured us, that He will be with us, when He gave us the great commission.

Ps Derek Hong, Church of our Savior, made an interesting link to both texts that the devil always attack our perception of God and us. He used other texts to reinforce that the devil's scheme is to create distortion in our mind of who God is eg Genesis (temptation of Eve) and Matt (temptation of Jesus)

Thus, it is very important for us to know who God is and who we are in Him.

Who am i?
Bibilically speaking, i am someone God hangs around with. Cool isnt.
He loves me so much that my identity is tied, always, with Him and His presence.

In fact, when He died for me, He died for ALL my inquities and sins. All my mistakes and faults and sins are all paid for. He did not select which part of me that He would redeem. He redeemed me fully. I am totally forgiven, forever loved and completely fulfilled in Him.

The key is for me to stay in Him.

I am very thankful for this visit to COOS. It was not easy as we had to settle some spiritual attack before we could reach the church. Even so, we were told that the carparking problem was very real. We asked for a sign ie that we would have a lot. And we did.

This visit opened my eyes to see how this church focused on people and the supernatural work of God. There was a place setup for everybody to help themselves to get a drink or some food (FOC). A place to chat and meet the pastoral staff. During service, time was set aside to ensure those who were not well were prayed for.

1 interesting statement from Ps Derek i held dear as well. When the spirit of prophesy was released, we must intentionally catch it and wait to see God unfold.

I am waiting to see how God unfold the destiny of my life.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Interestingly, i prayed for you this morning as i had a dream about you. God will never short change you dear friend. and thanks for putting up this post, it blessed me alot...

johnC

Post a Comment