header-photo

My 1st day as a "jobless man"

5th of Oct is very special.

It is my first day as an unemployed man. haha.

i have worked since 1988 after NS till 4th of Oct 2008.

Being a Sunday, it has certainly helped to cushion the impact.

I woke up very unwilling to go to church. It is part of the denial process of not wanting to go to a different church; in transition, we faced 3 constant challenges - emotional, relational and esteem. Yet i know I cannot deny God of my worship. Thanks to my wife, I obediently brought my family to Christalite Methodist Church. We decided to go somewhere nearer our home because this is exam period for the kids. We wanted to get back asap to continue their revision.

It was a pleasurable experience being in the Kingdom of God and celebrating the Lord's supper.

I need to constantly remind myself to focus on God and not on "operation" within the service i.e. I see myself looking out for things to improve etc... haha... ome habits take a while to change.

The worship was simple but needful for this broken man. Knelt before God and affirmed that Jesus is my firm foundation. I will lift my face to the King of Glory. He will forever be my King.

The message is interesting for me at this junction of my life ie "Forgiven to Forgive". While it is not new to me, it is timely to remind myself to forgive all who have hurt me during this period of change. Both Jo and I are determined to live our lives without any bondage and bitterness. We are committed to TOTAL FORGIVENESS.

We are reminded that we can only forgive if we have experienced true forgiveness from God. And that required me to come before God and receive His forgiveness afresh and extend His forgiveness. I must surrender any feeling or needs for revenge or vindication.

Amen and I did so during the time of prayer.

Met some friends in this church; Singapore is really small.

Rachel gave a very insightful comment i.e. God had been speaking to us - from Accepting People (in Muar Church) to Forgiving People (today). I am thankful God has been speaking and affirming us. I had a wonderful time with God in my dream this morning ie He affirmed His pleasure over me. And He further reminded me that today is a day of new beginning as I reflected on the birth of Hannah (Evan's and Mabel's new born).

Not bad for my 1st day.





Must get back to my study soon. Trying to submit my assignment by this week.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

hmmmm left a message earlier but lost it. :-(

wow - not bad indeed for a 1st day! 1st day of being "in God's employment" but not paid by the church (or any institutional organisation for that matter)! Freedom from institutional-bounded roles, expectations, responsibilities. Truly a blessing, truly a challenge.

Also working on my thesis - time is short, and the process is tough. But am trusting the Lord for a change in my mindset (not to see it as a chore/burden/impossibility but rather experience joy in learning, passion and playfulness in creating a dissertation that is of Him and for Him primarily)...

looking forward to your next post.
love to your family,
x
jen

Anonymous said...

Seng Lee,

This song came to mind as I read your post... IN MOMENTS LIKE THIS...

In moments like these
I sing out a song
I sing out a love song to Jesus
In moments like these
I lift up my hands
I lift up my hands to the Lord

Singing I love You, Lord
Singing I love You, Lord
Singing I love You, Lord
I love you

Know that God's love for you is much more than what you can offer. Be very blessed to know that Your Redeemer knows your every steps ahead....

pat

Anonymous said...

Hi Seng Lee

I didn't know you are the author till I saw your photo. I don't quite understand the jobless part, did you left FCBC too?

What ever it is, since the first day I know you, I know God has a wonderful plan for you and He will use you in great and mighty ways.

Pardon me to say this, but I always wanted to tell you something which I have shared to some of the ex-Navigator brothers in Touch Combat like Chin Kien & Jack Ho.

Jesus did not choose the Faithful, Available and Teachable. He choose the opposites and pour Himself into them and made them fisher of men so that all men know that it can't be them, it must be God.

Even as God surrounds David with his mighty men, I pray that he continue to surrounds you with mighty men to extend his kingdom.

Anonymous said...

thanks for your comments n blessing.
i have left FCBC and TOUCH and GE. i am living by faith for the next 3mths as i sensed His leadership over me.
as for your comments, i am in full agreement that we all need to be healed and not be bitter. bitter roots destroy lives and ministries. but fruitfulness in minsitry cannot be measured by the apparent size we "see" eg Henry Khoo did not have big ministry but great ministry in God. as for the people God used, He used the FAT and non FAT people. God is God, He can use anybody.
Have fun in your walk too. btw, how did you chance upon my blog?

Post a Comment